- Enlist your friends and make an upbeat two minute climate video. Your video will present “The Key Message” below in your own clever and creative way.
- The team that submits the best video will win an Apple iPad. Videos will be judged on: (1) getting ‘The Key Message’ across, (2) creativity, (3) surprise/irony, and (4) humor.
- Deadline for submitting a link to your video on youtube is 15 January 2015.
The Key Message
- Companies currently pay nothing when they burn fossil fuels and vent the carbon emissions that cause global warming
- The U.S. Congress should fix this by putting a tax on companies’ fossil fuels, with 100% of the tax proceeds returned to U.S. citizens.
- A tax on carbon is the simplest, cheapest, and by far most effective way to reduce global warming
For more information on how a carbon tax works, and why its the most effective solution to global warming, please visit the CCL web site.
1. Introduction. By submitting an entry, each entrant agrees to the Official Rules and warrants that his or her entry complies with all requirements set out in the Official Rules and that s/he agrees to be bound by them. Entrant also warrants that, if entrant is a minor, his or her parent or legal guardian accepts and agrees to these Official Rules. This is a skill-based contest and chance plays no part in the determination of finalists.
2. Timing. The Contest begins at 12:01AM PST on 15 December 2014, and ends at 11:59PM PST on 15 January 2015.
3. Eligibility. CONTEST IS VOID IN CUBA, LIBYA, IRAQ, NORTH KOREA, SOUTH YEMEN, SUDAN, AND SYRIA AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED.
4. How to Enter. To enter, entrant must create a video, no more than two (2) minutes in length, wherein entrant addresses “The Key Message” above, and posts the video to YouTube. Then entrant submit the video’s URL and other required information (including first and last names, email address, country, and language that the video is recorded in) in the body of an Email.
Each video entry must comply with the following (“Video Requirements”):
- Video should include entrant’s first name and country (but not surname or other identifying details)
- Video must be no more than two minutes in length
- Video must be posted to YouTube
- Video should be of decent quality with respect to focus, lighting, and sound
- Only contest entrants may appear in the video
- Video should be made in English.
- Videos posted on YouTube should be titled with Climate Video Challenge, and the entrant’s first name and country.
- Video should not contain:
- Logos, trademarks, service marks, music, images or video clips (intellectual property) created or owned by a person or entity other than the entrant submitting the video
- Personal or private information such as address, phone number, email address, social security (or other government identification) numbers, credit card numbers, etc.
- Statements supporting or opposing any candidate currently running for public office, political party, or a candidate or political party’s platform in an upcoming election.
- Commercial content, such as advertising or promotion of specific products or services
- Profane, offensive, vulgar, violent, unlawful, or otherwise inappropriate content, as determined by ______ sole discretion.
- Defamatory statements about a person or entity’s character or practices
- Hate speech (any content that attacks or demeans a group based on race, ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected class)
Multiple entries do not increase an entrant’s chances of being selected as a finalist. No prizes are won simply by entering.
5. License and Publicity. By entering this Contest, all entrants grant an irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, transferrable, fully paid-up, royalty-free, non-exclusive right and license, with the right to sublicense, to __________ and its licensees, successors, and assigns (the “Authorized Parties”) to use, reproduce, distribute, display, publicly perform, transmit, stream, broadcast, create derivative works of, and otherwise exploit the video entry, in whole or in part, in connection with the Authorized Parties’ commercial or noncommercial purposes, including, but not limited to, the Contest, promotion of the Contest, ___________ programs and campaigns, marketing or advertising of ________ programs and campaigns, incorporation into any videos, audio, or materials created by or on behalf of ___________, in any media now or hereafter known.
Entrants should be prepared to provide an original video file of the video entry if requested.
Additionally, by participating, where allowed by law, all entrants grant the Authorized Parties exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, videos, voices, and likenesses in connection with the promotion of this and other contests, in _____________’s sole discretion, and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use.